McKinley turned 9 months old this week. She is getting too big too fast. I try the best I can to cherish every moment with her. Sometimes that can be a little difficult, but mostly she is just so happy to be with those she knows and loves. Just don't eat in front of her unless you plan on sharing, and she is a happy camper! (Literally and figuratively speaking, she loved camping, and slept great!)
Right now she is still only sporting her two bottom teeth. They have been there since just before she turned 6 months old. She loves Dr Seuss shows. She is currently most interested in Green Eggs and Ham, although the Sneetches is still good. She is starting to enjoy the Zax too. She enjoys sitting on my lap and reading a VERY short story. She LOVES her stuffed animal giraffe that she sleeps with. She will hug it and rest her head on him when she starts getting tired. She's a great sleeper as long as you don't try and put her to bed before she thinks she is ready. If you do, she will scream bloody murder until you pick her up again. That girl is stubborn and she has a lot of stamina. She loves attention of course, but from people she knows. She has stranger danger and doesn't like people who aren't familiar if mom is around. If I'm not there she could care less who holds her. She likes to pretend to cough to make people laugh. She loves to "talk" and "sing." She loves grandma's cat Selma and says "ka" when she sees her. She says "mom mom mom" and "dadadada" and sometimes car (co). She loves mirrors and new toys, being out side in the swing, and going on walks. She still likes being in the car but not getting into the car seat. She took her first fall off our bed today. Oops. She's a tough cookie though. She cries for a minute and then she moves an to the next thing. She is a busy body, CONSTANTLY trying to reach anything she can. So doesn't slow down. She is starting to crawl now when she wants to, and pulls herself up on things. She eats ANYTHING you put in her month. Anything. She loves bath time now. She likes to rough house, be thrown in the air, pretend dropped, spun in circles, etc. She loves smiling. I love her.
Preston is doing well. He is working for Rocky Mountain Waterproofing again. He enjoys a couple people he works with there even though the work kinda stinks. He is enrolled at SLCC again and will start up school again in the fall. (I cannot express how excited I am for that!!) He has decided to still pursue any opportunities in firefighting while his certifications are active, but he is planning on going to UVU eventually to get his BS in Construction Management. He loves his new baby, Vinci (not more than McKinley, don't worry). He wants to go shoot his Vinci any chance he gets! He still loves all the other typical "guy" stuff. He is probably now a fully converted Giants fan. (That's important.) I can't think of anything else that's new with him.
I am doing well. Still working on not overcommitting myself, so I stay pretty dang busy. I still love doing parties and crafting. I LOVE my silhouette still and use it almost weekly. Mostly, I love soaking in as much family time as I can since I am stuck working full-time still. I try and keep up with all the other mom responsibilities but there is ALWAYS lots more cleaning to get to that doesn't happen, and laundry that sits and dishes that stay in the dishwasher till they've all been used. I just tell myself every time I come home "You're a full-time working mom. You can't do it all." Oh and I don't like that my hair is thicker and curlier since I have McKinley. It was hard to manage before... So don't judge that its always in some form of pony or braid. :)









Yay! Nice up-date! That Dopey picture still makes me laugh! How could he not be a Giants fan after that great birthday present?!
ReplyDeleteAwwww, precious . . . (Did I get Zannie's accent right?)
ReplyDelete