Saturday, April 24, 2010

Triathletes we are!

Well, not really... But now we have done one!!
So the adventure of the Triathlon is complete! We survived! I would definitely do it again. Preston says he would too but he isn’t sure how soon he would do another. Overall it was a great experience and I feel so accomplished now.

In review, I would say that the swim and the bike were fine but I struggled with the running. I haven’t ever really excelled at running, but survived it. I didn’t realize how many hills were in the course so it was a little more than I expected. I would say the running part was the definitely the hardest for me.

I loved the bike even though the hills were pretty steep. The downhill was pretty fun with the road tires I had. They weren’t really nice ones but not mountain tires. I was able to cruise downhill much faster than Mickie.

Mickie and I stayed with each other most of the time. The run split us up. After the first corner I didn’t see her again. Truth be told, I ended up walking up the hill but I did pass one guy! (He pulled his hammy, or so he said…)
Preston liked the swim the least. I don’t think it’s necessarily because he wasn’t ready to swim that far but more the fact that the pool was chaos. People had know idea what they were doing, and were all over the lanes. It made it really difficult to pass the people that were hanging on the edges. He said he wished he would have trained a little harder for swimming though. He would then be able to get through that part faster because he would be a better swimmer obviously, but also would be ahead of all the oblivious back strokers…

Mickie liked the run the most, but as stated before, she is much more of a runner than I am. She passed every person she saw and didn’t let anyone pass her during that part!

Oh and I lost my goggles in the pool. Mickie and I forgot to put them on before we started and my fell off. Mickie overheard me tell Matt and found them for me! I had my goggles on the second half of the swim. I was nicer to have them so I am glad for that!
In the beginning! (yeah we look a little tired... not used to a 5:30 wake up call)
Look how happy we were to start!
It was REALLY cold in the morning when we were setting up the transition stations!
So cold that I had to open the box of ear plugs cause Mickie's fingers were frozen stiff!
And the Whiteys are about to get in! Maybe you need sunglasses for this picture...

After the swim and ready about to get on our bikes! The sleeves were nice to have!

Since I was slow enough on the run Mickie finshed and then came back and ran with me the rest of the way to the finish line! It was nice to have that extra push! :)

And we are still smiling!
(Although now I feel a little dehydrated and Preston's legs are slowly feeling more tired and abused...)

1 comment:

  1. You gotta admit, it was TOTALLY a good idea... :) Thanks for doing it with me... now on to our next MUSICAL adventure. I better start thinking of another one soon.

    ReplyDelete