So our trip was awesome. We had a great time, of course. This was the annual May trip with Spencer and Stephanie, and it always goes over well. There are, most definitely, mishaps along the way, but things always end well! I will tell the stories as we go through the pictures... (you know, mix the waffles and syrup)
Dixie Rock
The night we got there we decided we needed to go venture out to Dixie Rock. It was a nice little precursor to what layed ahead. (It's a normal picture!)
This is right on top of the Dixie rock for those of you who know where the Dixie rock is... that's St. George behind us...
This is Preston showing off his mad jumping skills and leaping across large gaps. This one may look like he is jumping into the crevas, but he in fact does make it over on top of the other rock...
We did a little (literally little) slot canyon while there. Preston and Spencer had a little tighter squeeze than I did heading through this. Pres said he had to position his butt and chest perfectly to fit through some spots.
HAHA! Nice face Preston.
Yup, I have enough room.
I was coming out through a little hole. Actually, that's where Preston and Spencer came out from. I didn't have long enough limbs to do it so I had to go the other way. I didn't mind so much though since that little cave place smelled like bodily fluids of sorts... eck.
St. George Temple
How did this become Preston's picture face? This is us at the St. George Temple.
Spencer and Stephanie in front of the temple. We have a picture in front of it too, but they have it on their camera. (We haven't exchanged photos yet.)
Just a pic of the temple from my view.
Tada!
This was a pretty cool temple. It was crazy to see how many different colors were inside! It was pretty and you could tell, old. It's always fun to experience a different one though!
Three Ponds Hike - Snow Canyon
So after the temple we went back and did a real hike at Snow Canyon. We did the Three Ponds or something like that. Believe me, when it says deep sand the majority of the way, it's not lying. That was a little bit of a pain. It was still fun though. We go side tracked from finishing the hike since we hit this little area. This was taken on an epic angle, so Spencer is actually vertical... if you couldn't guess that on your own...
That's the path I took to get to where they all were. It was much easier!
What are they (Preston and PJ, PJ being the one that housed us while we stayed in St. George. He is a HS friend of Stephanie) looking at?
There were a ton of these little frogs and Preston and PJ were trying to make them swim.
hahaha. Nice.
I didn't know we were going for a nice picture here. If you start with Steph it starts nice and progressively gets worse...
Angel's Landing
So on the way to this hike we found out the hard way that you cant drive to the starting point. You actually park at the visitor's center and they bus everyone back and forth. This totally made sense once we were on the bus. Could you imagine the traffic? Well we ended up driving through this huge tunnel, and the name escapes me at the moment. It was really cool though! I am pretty sure it's impossible to hold your breath through the whole thing though. It was a little disappointing.
This is the top of Angel's Landing. It was named this because the first explorers to this area said that only Angels could actually get to the top because of how difficult it would be... Shouldn't that be a warning not to do it? Nah....
Yeah, that's how I felt.
This is only like half way up... This part was tiring. It was hard coming down too... It kinda smelled funny, and it was hard not to just curl up in a ball and roll down it.
Just a view on the way up.
This is when we stopped for a minute. It started raining/snowing and made it all really slippery. It was really hard to get a good footing so we decided that we would wait until it slowed/stopped. It did after a couple minutes and we pressed on.
This is up at the top. This hike was not for those afraid of heights or children. Loved the view.
I didn't like standing next to the edge, hence the position.
Time to head back. Yes the is the ridge we climbed across to get to the top. Yikes.
The Campground
This was making tin foil dinners. We worked up an appetite climbing... Notice the gloves on Preston's hands? This might have been his favorite part of the whole thing. They are his fire proof gloves, and they really came in handy when we need to flip the dinners.
Our tents, table and Truck (this was a very important random picture to post!)
Preston is so proud of these camping chairs.
Hidden Canyons
This is actually beyond the maintained trail. We just kept going and going (and ended up stopping when I fell in the water)
It wasn't at this part. Steph and I walked across the sticks and branches...
It was right after this. I was doing well till the end...
Emerald Pools
This was our last hike for the trip. It was a good closing one, but there were WAY too many people on it so it wasn't as enjoyable...
We saw this on our way back to the tent! It stayed there for a while till some kid chased it off...
The end.
(I will try and figure out how to post the videos later... maybe)
AWESOME!!!! I am jealous of you guys, except on some parts I think I may have been a bit of a sissy...
ReplyDeleteThat looks so fun! I love how adventurous you guys are!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the Angels Landing Hike. I agree not to take kids or anyone who is afraid of heights up there!
ReplyDelete