Thursday, September 22, 2011

Oregon/Washington Trip!

As you all know, one of my best friends is my seester. She moved away from me. :( So what can you do in this situation? Go out for a visit! Conveniently, Preston was selected to test with the Portland Fire Dept. so that's when we went out. It was a great visit, and I am ready to head back out there again! (So you know, the Portland test didn't pan out, and he didn't make the cut for the next round of tests...)

The first night, we got in after Ty and Maylee were asleep. It ended up being around 12:30 when we pulled in I think. ( I worked a half day and then we left after so that I took the least amount of time off as possible. I have to save it up for other trips!) We did end up talking for a little bit despite the hour, and then went to bed. This was the maiden voyage of Buster (our new to us Subaru) and it went very well. We had no problems on the drives at all!

In the morning, we came out of the bedroom and Ty was a little confused. He looked and me with a strange look and then ran at me and gave me a hug (might have been after his mom reminded him of who I was...) He definitely enjoyed having a big person (Preston) around ALL DAY LONG to play with and keep him entertained... We did go to the park in the evening when Matt got home, and that was fun. The kids played on the playground, and Preston and Matt went out to throw discs in the open field (conveniently where the geese were). Yes, they did hit one if you were wondering.

Mickie and Maylee

Ty ready to go down the slide

We all got in on the action. Preston didn't fit on this slide very well...

Ty had fun pulling us all around though

HAHA. Good one Pres.

Oh... cute little Maylee.

Ty trying to extend the Park visit by getting a drink at the drinking fountain.

After the drinking fountain we came across this thing, and Ty was happy again... until...

On Saturday we went out to Dabny so the guys could throw that course. Turns out its got a lot of trees... go figure! Ryan or Preston managed to hit everyone I think... lol! Anyway, it's a technical course, but they had fun and it was beautiful out there. I miss Oregon. After disc golf we went to the Market and they had a Hawaiian thing going on. They had really good food there. It was a nice little precursor for our Hawaii trip coming up... :)

Strolling through the Saturday Market

Later that night we went to the Walkers and had dinner. They made the meat (amazing!!) and such, and we brought sides. I cant remember them. After dinner we watched Modern Family. SO hilarious. SO SO funny.


Sunday was a nice relaxing day of church and crafting. My cousin is letting me borrow her Cricut (which I am LOVING) and so I brought it up with me. Mickie and I made a few things for Mays room and some other stuff.

One of the crafts we made (I hope this was already mailed out Mick...)

What Maylee did while we were crafting

Monday, was the day of Preston's test. While he was over taking it I had the opportunity to catch up with an old roommate at the mall next door. It was SO nice to have a chance to get together and meet her son.

Sierra and I

After he was done we went disc golfing again at a 9 hole course, that's more like a practice course... We got in as much as we could before the sun went down.

Maylee enjoying a stroll around the course (what a cute outfit eh?)

Matt focused on the shot

Preston in mid throw

This is my nephew telling us what he is eating. We brought candy with us, partly for the drive and also to share. Preston was eating a sucker on Sunday when we went for a walk and Ty kept pointing at him and asking for something. I finally made out that he was asking for a Popsicle. Then it all clicked. Naturally, we had to teach him what it really was, and it's the cutest how he says it. Now I will have to provide a sucker every time I see him... lol.

We ended the trip with a movie, and then drove home Tuesday. It was a great, relaxing trip and I am ready to do it again! (Did I already say that? hahaha...)

Thanks for a good time Spences! (you can read more about it here... she took more pictures. There's more than one post for the trip on her blog...)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that your butt fit in that slide. Those things hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so long ago... I loved it though! I don't remember you taking half those pictures :) Those videos are great. Coming out again soon????

    ReplyDelete