Monday, October 17, 2011

A catch up...

I've been meaning to get on and update the rest of our summer fun, and haven't yet. Its been long enough that I had to go back and consult my calendar...

We went to a Modbod sale and I bought 6 pieces of swimming suit attire, and Lucy bought 3 for $15 total! Score! The catch was that we would pay $15 for a bag full of whatever we could put in it as long as we had it closed with one twist tie. So Lucy, Kristin and I packed it all in as tight as possible.
See the little bag?

All of this was inside of it!

We were hoping they would have more embellished tops, but they didn't... :o/

The next day we drove up to Logan to witness the sealing of little Reagan to her mom (Julie) and dad (Josh). It truly was such a special event to be able to attend and the spirit was so strong as they were bound together as an eternal family. Reagan was so good during the sealing and just stared at the beautiful light fixtures they had in the room. Afterwards we went to the Copper Mill (I think that's what it's called) and had Lunch. It was a great weekend!


We had a chance to go and see The Drowsy Chaperone at the HTC Orem. It was a great production! We didn't get a chance to see my cousin in this one since she was in the TTS cast and we could only go on Wednesday. I got 6 tickets to the show for $50! Not to shabby... It was Marianne's birthday present for last year. I gave her gift certificates to go, and we finally got a chance to, the day they were going to expire... close one eh? I am pretty sure that all of us really enjoyed the show though! It's very funny!

A few weekends later Kristin and I went up to Swiss Days. Its always fun to head up there and check everything out. Its always fun getting to just spend time with my sister. I enjoyed every minute of it! (Even the fact that we should have been on the shuttle 30-40 minutes before we were since we had that much more time to enjoy each other...)

There was a soup and scones night at my grandparents house that is always enjoyable to attend. The food is always good as well as the company. I didn't win the treasure that was up for grabs, but it was neat.

Preston has been keeping busy with the Fire Academy. He is interning there again. Its great for him to keep up his skills and reinforce them by teaching them to the class. He has enjoyed his time there, so I think he will continue it as long as they let him... It's also a great way to stay in the networking of trying to find a job. We are still looking! :)

And that's what we've been up too through September!

Ragnar and other October happenings coming soon... (after a trip to Washington)

6 comments:

  1. It's always fun to relive the highlights of your lives weeks later! - Will

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys came away with a steal of a deal on the swimsuits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the bag squeezing abilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO fun! I could use some new suits...mine have been through 3 too many pregnancies:( What a fun SUmmer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow was that a doozy of a deal- good job on stuffing that little bag and remind me to take you with me next time

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the girl on TV got in on your picture.

    ReplyDelete