Preston and I are doing well. I'm a little sick with a cold, but luckily it will only stick around for 3 or so days. Not bad. Preston's back is acting up again, but what's new there?
I just have to say how proud I am of my husband though! Preston has been working VERY hard the last couple months and has pushed through like a champ! He had a written test with Boise and got an 88%! Usually that would be more than enough to move to the next round of tests, but due to the high volume of applicants they increased the passing % to 91%. I'm not too heart broken though since I wasn't thrilled with the idea of living in Idaho again, no offense... :). Two days later he took another written test but with South Jordan. He did great on that one too, and was asked to take the physical with them. He was required to complete the test in under 4:22 and he did it in 2 minutes and 50 seconds! So, now that he has passed that portion, we are just waiting to hear from them on where he stands or if he has an interview. Nerve racking! It would be a great opportunity and we wouldn't have to try and sell a house in this economy. We are praying he makes it to the next round! The only catch is that he is supposed to have his AEMT to get the job, and he is currently enrolled in the class. The other test he is taking soon is one for SL city and there are 2000+ taking the written there. We will see how that one goes.
His AEMT class is difficult to say the least. He has a timed 100 question "quiz" every Monday over 4-5 chapters, then he has a 4.5 hour class Tuesday, workbooks for each of those chapters due thursday that he does all day Wednesday, 4.5 hours of class Thursday which include a quiz over drugs, assessments, dosages and administration of those drugs, and then studies over the weekend for the next week. He also has a 12 hour ride along, and has to find time to pass off 25 IVs by an instructor. All tests and quizzes must be passed with 80% or greater or it has to be retaken and a 90% is required. All tests have to be passed to be recommended for the state test. Too say he is stressed is a major understatement! I try to help as much as possible with homework and quizzes to ease things a little. Still, I know I can't be that much help.
He recently had to go in to the doctor for another physical for the South Jordan testing. We are supposed to monitor his blood pressure for a month and if it continues to remain high like it was (168/98) he will need to take meds. I think it's stress and anxiety with all the things he has taken on recently.
Oh and we only have about 15 weeks till we are officially parents! Yikes! So much to do and so little time...
So we are happy, and making life work. If you don't really hear from us though, or haven't in a little while, just know, we've been a little busy.
Oh here are a few random pictures we have taken in the last couple weeks... :)





None of you? Huh... Sounds like a busy but exciting time! Lots of new things potentially and actually coming your way. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks :)
ReplyDeleteNo pictures of you? Preston's diva picture made me laugh, then on to Will's til off the head picture made me laugh again!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Preston!! That's a lot of studying and tests! Ugh! But it will pay off soon, I hope!