Monday, April 2, 2012

Not what I wanted...

I'm still trying to come to the realization that it's a good thing. I'm sure it's how it's supposed to be. McKinley will be the first child in our little Reading family. I'm hoping I will know what to do, and be able to be excited about the dance recitals or tea parties or plays that I'm sure she will want me to be a part of or support her in. Who knows if she will want to play softball like her mom, or sports for that matter. I'm sure she'll go through the I hate you teenage stage that boys don't tend to go through as emotionally if at all. I guess it's all stuff I'm going to have to find out. Preston was so excited to see her little heart beat, and her little arms and legs move around. He is so excited to keep watching her grow and progress. She is healthy, and there was nothing abnormal about her so far despite her mother's difficulty with food, medications, stress, etc that pregnancy and life has brought. Anyway, if I don't seem ecstatic yet that I'm having a girl it's cause I'm not. I loved the idea of having Jefferson. I was growing attached to him. I will now try and love the idea of having McKinley. I'm sure she'll be adorable in all the little coats and dresses. Don't blame me if you see her in a cute little baseball outfit every once in a while though!

5 comments:

  1. Meh girls will be girls but they don't have to be prissy pants. Although Maylee is turned out to be QUITE the Drama Queen...bleck. It'll be fun, you can ship her off to my house any time you want and her and May and maybe Baby #3 can have tea parties together all they like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You went through an "I hate you teenager stage?"

    In this family, how can she NOT like sports? Oh wait, Kristin is in our family...and we love her too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aggghhh, you got to warn us before the FACE picture! Hopefully she gets to be good friends with Sierra and Elena so they can talk about their parents with each other and relieve stress . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not excited?? What? She's going to be so cute! This makes me sad

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited to see the cute little girl!

    ReplyDelete