This was obviously written a little while ago, but I needed to post it. Maybe tomorrow I will post about McKinley at 2 months. Maybe... :)
Well it's been a little over a month since we came home from the hospital. To say we have this parenting thing down would be lying, but we are hanging in there. We absolutely adore our little girl despite the long nights and infringement on our sleep.
I forgot to share a little bit about the discharge from the hospital. They wouldn't let us go home at first cause she didn't pass her car seat test. Because she was on oxygen when she was born they had to sit her in her car seat for 90 min and monitor her blood oxygen levels and heart rate. Her oxygen was fine but her heart rate would drop dramatically. They did the test again later and she still didn't really pass, but since her heart rate did raise when she was mad they figured she was okay. I guess she was just super relaxed when they put her in their. She doesn't like to get in her Carseat so much anymore. She doesn't mind sitting in it once she in though, as long as its not time to eat.
They also worried about her blood type I guess? I'm not really sure cause I was on drugs when they tried to explain it, but somehow our blood types are different so they were really worried about her getting jaundice... And kept checking her belly rueben count? Anyway, she's fine and never had a problem.
So now that she is a month she is growing like a little weed. Well I think so at least. Still in newborn clothes but you can definitely tell she's putting on weight and getting longer.
She gets more and more expressive as the days go by and is smiling at me now too! Not just gas bubble smiles but real ones.
She does pretty well with tummy time and can hold her head up and turn side to side on occasion. She doesn't fuss while she is on her tummy. Heck she doesn't fuss really at all till it gets dark. She is a night owl, hating to go to sleep before midnight. She doesn't like waiting for that late feeding either. She acts really hungry like she's going to die if she doesn't get food immediately.
She gets the hiccups ALL the time and is a pretty gassy kid too, but it doesn't seem to bother her anymore.
She grunts A LOT too. There's rarely a time you can't hear her. Especially if she is trying to wake up, that's when she is the most boisterous.
The hair on the top of her head is gone except for the longer hairs. Preston says she has clown hair. A patch on top and a horseshoe of hair around the back. She hasn't lost the strip on the back of the head yet else it would look really funny. Granted, it is blonde for the most part, so it's not THAT noticeable.
She is a true joy to have, and Preston and I wouldn't change a thing about her. We just love her so much. Man going to work is going to be hard...
She is so beautiful! Congrats again cuz! Can not wait to meet her
ReplyDeleteShe's so beautiful! And I'm a sucker for dimples.
ReplyDeleteThose BIG eyes crack me up!
ReplyDeleteI don't care if it's not usually used for girls but she's your Mini-me.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cutie! :)
ReplyDelete