Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Two months!? Wow.

Preston's insight- "Two months old? Has it really been that long since we first got to see our little McKinley? Wow! Time is really going so fast! I know every body always says that but you never realize just how quick time gets away from you until you are in that position. She went from being so small and just laying there to watching your every movement and talking to you. It's so much fun! Before we know it she is going to be crawling around and getting into every cupboard and I will miss the days of just watching her lay there.

"Last Sunday I had the great privilege of blessing McKinley! That has been one of the greatest moments I have experienced. The love and understanding that I felt during the blessing was overwhelming. I understand a little better now the love our savior has for us. I would do anything to see McKinley grow up to be happy and successful. That is exactly what our father in heaven wants for us. " to bring to pass the Immortality and eternal life if man." I know that if we, as parents, do everything we can to be good examples and teach her about the gospel that we don't have to worry."

Well, I fully agree with everything Pres said of course. I've said it before, but I don't think you can fully appreciate your parents till you become one yourself. When I was just barely pregnant and even through the full thing I never would have guessed coming back to work would be as hard as it is. I never understood how strong that bond is until now. I'm just glad we can leave her in good hands while we are working... It helps a little... (Anyone free Tuesdays and Thursdays btw? We are sad our friends are moving for multiple reasons...)

McKinley is developing well and is pretty much perfect. That's what the doctor told us at least... Of course I'm not going to argue with that. Lol! She is not a fan of tummy time anymore. She whines for a little bit, and then realizes we aren't moving her and falls asleep or just stops moving and goes limp. It's kinda funny.

She is in 0-3 month clothes and seems to be pretty true to size so far, chubby. It seems like all the nieces and nephews I've been around are either HUGE or really petite, so it's a little difficult to gauge normalcy. Then again, what's normal?

McKinley will smile at anyone who looks at her and is still usually content with whatever. She does give her dad really big smiles when he plays with her. I have always thought she'd be a daddy's girl, so I guess we will see. I did get her to laugh the other day and she stopped as soon as he came in the room with his phone to take video...

He has enjoyed being able to watch her all day while I'm at work and he isn't. (I'm still trying to get used to his weird random schedule.) I, on the other-hand, am still trying to adjust being away from her all day. I miss her terribly all day long. The best part of my day is picking her up and holding her till we go to bed. I can't wait till I don't have to work anymore.

Oh, and it bugs me when people ask me "so is it hard to leave her all day?" What do they think the answer is going to be? Anyway, yes, it's hard. I still cry everyday I have to drop her off.

I heard this song on the radio and lost it the other day... I'm doing my best McKinley...


Oh the second set of measurements is for her head circumference...





4 comments:

  1. A normal little lady is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we are moving! We hate it too! She is a sweet little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma wore that same pink scotty dog outfit today too! Cute! :) I'm so glad we got to see her last week. She is perfect. I feel like the Grinch every time I have a kid, you know the part where his heart grows three sizes in one day? It's crazy, my heart is like 9 times the size it should be really no wonder moms cry at the drop of a hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it weird that it's weird to see Preston with a somewhat normal expression on his face?

    ReplyDelete