I was all sorts of domestic this weekend. I made all sorts of goodies for a Halloween party, made an apple pie, had the house clean, and even made dinner! Seriously, I'm exhausted today! Lol!
Bones
The apple pie took a LOT longer than I wanted it to. I did it all by myself. I'm really slow at peeling apples and cutting them up. Overall, I started at 6:00 and finished at 11:30. We had a delay in the middle though. The oven started on fire. Backstory: we went over to the in-laws house so she could help me make an apple pie. I've been dying for one for about a month now. They are walking out the door to go to Grandma Readings house for dinner. Great. I'm on my own. So, I called my mom and asked how to make one. She was in the car driving home but gave me directions. One of them was to put a cookie sheet on the bottom rack to catch all the juices that would bubble out. As I am finishing up the pie and getting ready to put it in the oven the mother in law (who had just got home) put a piece of foil underneath. I had a split second thought that it wasn't enough, but it left my mind as quickly as it popped in due to the child getting into the kitty litter. I did think to take a picture though! (No fancy crust edge mom. I was tired at that point!)Guess what, it wasn't enough. While I'm downstairs playing with McKinley, all the sudden we hear Marianne yelling "Help! The ovens on fire!" So I obviously had to stop baking my pie and finish it at home in a non-flammable oven. As soon as it finished baking I went to bed. I haven't tried it yet to see if it's okay... Who knows!





Hey, look at that a blog post! Congrats! I remember the transition between working mom to stay at home mom being an epic fail. Some day when you are a full time stay at homer- you'll get a hang of it. But you are right every night you go to bed exhausted and I think... what did I even DO today? Haha well at least you have some good treats to show for it!
ReplyDeleteOh bummer about almost burning down the house! Big cookie sheets work best, now you know! But I do think the pie, bones and cupcakes look great!
ReplyDelete