Its time for another update. Life is good. The end.
Just kidding. We have been doing well the last few months. Much has changed.
Preston is now attending SLCC again and focusing on getting his degree in Construction Management. He actually isn't just copying his wife. He started his CM degree before his mission (1 semester). When he got back we did the fire fighter route. Now he is just trying to focus on getting his degree. He is doing very well in all his classes currently (tech writing, math, print reading, and an online health class). He is working part time now at Rocky Mountain Waterproofing. He is also keeping busy following BYU through football season and reads up on them a LOT more than he ever has. So between college football, work and school, he stays pretty busy.
McKinley. What can I say. Still cute as ever but has a VERY animated personality. She LOVES to talk and can already say things like "na night", "I got it", and "I did it". She also says yeah, no, hi/hello, bye, mom, dad, mommom (grandma), and probably others I can't think of. She is good at mimicing these days too. She's a walker now and try's to walk everywhere instead of crawl. She loves to sit and read books. Her favorites books right now are the fisher price board books - square dancers, 1-2-3 Go, and M is for Monkey. She loves outside and will eat anything when she is hungry but always prefers a bottle of milk if you offer it. She has the front 4 bottom teeth, front 2 top teeth with the other two ready to breakthrough any time and one molar with another that's also formed and trying to push through. She still LOVES stuffed animals, especially Curious George and her 3' tall lion. She really likes to play with her friends (babysitters kids). If you tell her no she giggles and keeps on keepin on. Lastly, she has some of the craziest mood swings I have ever seen in a one year old. Possibly bi-polar.
I was moved on to a jobsite and have been REALLY busy with work. To the point that I get home in time to eat dinner, play with McKinley for 30-60 minutes, and then get her ready for bed and put her down. Then it's time to work some more or do the house chores - aka try and keep up with laundry and dishes before I'm ready for bed myself. Weekends are cleaning days and football days. I get a LOT more done when it's an away game... Go figure! I still manage to squeeze in fun things like shirts for my mom or pieces of my nieces and nephew's Halloween costumes.
Pres and I enjoy teaching Sunday School at church, the 12-13 year olds. They are great kids and it goes well when McKinley is having a good day. She does NOT last the third hour though. So we struggle with that one a little bit.
A few things we have done since the last update:
I did a triathlon with co-workers and family
McKinley celebrated her first birthday in San Diego
Preston has gone duck hunting and the deer hunt is tomorrow
We visited the cabin (one of the more miserable nights we've had with McKinley)
We've gone to a pumpkin patch with a little corn maze (really little).
Seen a LOT of football :) and less baseball this fall :(
Fishing at a "lake" in Herriman.
Just after the tri, McKinley eating her first cupcake. Loved it.
Tired girl at the first Giants vs Padres game
The flamingos at Sae World!
Yeah... Maybe this was made for kids or really REALLY short people...














Two posts...you're on a roll!
ReplyDelete