Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cold and Cold


We went to the Utah State vs. BYU football game on Friday night! That was a lot of fun! While I was waiting for Preston to come pick me up from work to head straight to the stadium, (that gave us two hours to get there… plenty of time eh?) I got a phone call from my mother. We weren’t able to get down to Provo soon enough to go to dinner with the family, but we were determined to make it to the game on time… Mom was making sure we still weren’t coming to dinner and that we had our tickets with us for the game. Check and Check!

Then I get a phone call from my lovely twin sister… haha… It couldn’t have been more than five minutes later… They forgot their tickets and were with the rest of the family eating dinner in Provo before the game! So Preston and I drove as fast as possible (of course obeying the traffic laws) to get their tickets. We grabbed those and then stopped at Iceberg to grab some dinner before we made the drive to Provo. Boy was that a mistake! It took ten minutes to get our food through the drive-thru! Gah! Now it’s 5:35 and we still have the whole drive ahead of us…

Traffic was a bear! It took about an hour to get to Lehi, since we were crawling at about 20 mph the whole way we were on the freeway (should have taken Redwood… clear as can be!)… While we were slowly passing Lehi I thought maybe it would be faster to go to Kristin and Will’s, grab their scooter, and drive the rest of the way on that! So we called, got the permission and instructions and decided to try.

When we got there (6:45) we searched and searched and couldn’t find the keys anywhere! We called Will and finally got them from the bottom of a suitcase… Then we had a little difficulty getting it started… All in all, we left for the stadium at 7:00. It was still light outside so we didn’t notice the next mishap til it was too late…

Happy to say that BYU won!! (Of course… it was USU)

The headlight on the scooter was out. We didn’t need it on the way there, but man alive was I scared on the way home! We made sure to tail some motorcyclists pretty closely, and avoided any real harm! I don’t suggest doing that though… ever… ever… ever… ever… ever… ever! Man… There was one point that I thought this is insane! That was when we ALMOST (but didn’t have to) had to swerve into the other lane cause a big ol Escalade didn’t see us and merged into our lane…

Over all… I would definitely ride the scooter to the game every time if I could. That was a blast! Preston and I loved it.

Bullet points now…
  • Preston went duck hunting and got two ducks.
  • The ducks went bad since we didn’t clean them (I wasn’t going to touch em…
  • I stayed home sick in bed all weekend with a terrible headache and head cold!
  • We watched The Incredible Adventures of Mr. Limpette (I think that’s what it’s called…) WEIRD!
  • We went to g-ma and g-pa’s for some Sunday dinner. Preston ate 6 BBQ sandwiches… it didn’t make him feel well.
  • Preston and I both went to bed feeling sick Sunday night
  • I stayed home from work yesterday, still unable to function normally
  • Preston did homework

6 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for that by the way :) We really enjoyed the game too! At least you didnt get whats been going around at the Maxwell house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really had a hard time leaving a comment. I would re-think the new format if you want comments...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six sandwiches? Six???? For me, I've noticed that I have to preview my comment and not just go straight to Post. You may want to mention that to others or re-do the format.

    ReplyDelete