Friday, October 9, 2009

Uh Oh...

I just have to get something off my chest…

I just need to take a moment to say that I am really grateful for my job. I really just love it and hope that this economy will just turn around. I go home at least once a week now with some sort of panic attack because someone else was let go. We don’t have a lot of work right now and it’s scary. I am really nervous about the next year, and if things don’t turn around, I can’t see them keeping me around much longer.

One of the people at work asked the chief what was said in meetings and he just said that they talk about letting an estimator go, but whom and when is unknown… Guess who the low man on the totem pole with only a year and 5 months under her belt!? Yeah… They do stick with seniority here… most of the time. There are a few things that have happened that are in my favor, but I don’t know if it’s enough!

It’s a VERY harsh reality to be faced with when I have actually had to grow up and become an adult. With the bills, etc that we have, it would be necessary to sign up for a very scary thing! Unemployment! I haven’t ever had to do that before in the long time I have been in the work force (jk… really), so it scares me. I have also always thought that having to depend on such a program would be the end of my life as I know it! Well, I guess we will see what comes. Come what may… The Lord is on my side… I just have to keep faith… That’s what I keep telling myself, or Preston does actually.

For now, I just thank my Heavenly Father that I am employed for one more day.

Okay I am done now…

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I will be hoping the best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. I'm not sure if most wives know what that feeling is like. It's an awful feeling. Mom's never have to worry about getting laid off. (Yes, they have other pressures)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup...unemployed and living in subsidized housing here...but Seth's still going through school. I have little jobs here and there like private violin lessons that I exchange for services like babysitting, but other than that...I hear ya. I hope everything works out for the best and you get to keep your job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Throwing my good vibes your way....maybe I should pray for you guys too, that might work better!! LOL!

    Hey, can you tell I finally figured out how to add a new subscription to my igoogle? Yay!

    ReplyDelete