Yesterday I told Preston that we needed to go on a date, in the same voice as Giselle (ironically Amy Adams) on Enchanted of course! It had been a while, so we did! It’s not going to be so easy when the kids come along someday, so we might as well take advantage of the opportunities we have now!
Well our date wasn’t anything TOO excited, but I LOVE spending time with my husband and so of course we had a blast! We went to see “Leap Year” with Amy Adams. We looked at the previews and I thought it looked like a cute movie so I convinced Preston that we wanted to see it. The ratings were only 55% positive, but I didn’t really care. Well, surprise… I liked it! Sure the end might be a little bit much on the cheesy side, but I seem to like those, so I thought it was great, but I generally like all chick flicks… I laughed quite a bit though and we saw it at matinee price so it was even better!
Before the movie I decided that I wanted to invest in another pair of jeans that actually fit. Aero is doing a clothes drive called “Jeans for Teens” and for every pair of jeans you donate you get a 25% off coupon for a new pair. The first 100,000 were going to Haiti, and they were going to match every pair that was sent over.

Well I had 5 pairs of jeans and only 1 of them (the pair Preston picked out and bought me for Christmas… daring I know) didn’t have holes in the knees. Well, actually 2 pair, but one of those were a pair that I inherited from a roommate and would have never purchased by my own free will…
Anyway, after the movie I finally got rid of 4 pairs of jeans. In looking around I found a couple pair that I liked, and with the 25% off they would have been just over 20 bucks… not bad eh? I read on the coupon that clearance was excluded so I didn’t look at the clearance. Well, Preston then found a pair for my to try on that was on the $10 rack… They were the favorite of course… so he took em to the front to buy them while I was getting dressed again. I don’t know why, but for some reason the guy let us use the 25% off coupon and I got a pair of jeans for 8 bucks! No holes! SWEET!
Anyway, I have 3 more 25% off coupons if anyone else would like an $8 pair of jeans!
Oh, after that it was a quick stop at Quizno’s for P, of course he was “STARVING!”… Then home again, home again, jiggity jig…
When was this DATE! I should have taken Ty for my date and we could have DOUBLED! COOL $8 Jeans? I am totally THERE! $10 bucks is even a good deal for jeans. I should go shopping for some. Glad to hear you liked the movie. I need to start renting the girly chick flicks Matt doesnt want to see while he is a school...
ReplyDeleteDid you do your 20 minute run last night? If not there is always tonight because today is your day off :)
Sounds like a fun date night!
ReplyDeleteI think when Will gets home from ILC we will need to go on a date ourselves!
Oh and PS I hate leaving comments on your blog. It is so dang hard.
I don't know why it is or how to fix it... but Prezanne will babysit when you want to go!
ReplyDeleteSorry mick! Should have called ya! I'd go again though! :-)
Please get Mickie some new jeans . . . Not quite time for a Relief effort, but close.
ReplyDeleteI want new jeans too, well, not quick yet! I still can't buy any clothes for me until March! And then I'm not sure I want them to fit this bigger apple shape that's forming!
ReplyDelete