
Okay seriously. I am not fuming or anything but I was a little frustrated last night. Mickie heard the whole story, multiple times, and I am sure she is sick of it already... BUT gah!
So I still have an Oregon's Drivers license. Since you are legally suppose to get a Utah license when moving to the state with the intent of making Utah your permanent place of residence... and that was almost two years ago for me... (weird it's been that long!)
The DMV is opne from 7-6 Monday through Thursday, and so Preston and I decided to go last night after work. I knew it was going to be a packed house, but I figured we had nothing else to do that night (at the time we made the plan to go) and i didn't mind waiting. So I got online and printed out all the forms and applications and filled them out. I called Preston and told him all the documents we would need and made sure he grabbed them.
When we got there the line wrapped around the little waiting area to get a number. That's fine. Everyone in line but us was filling out one. (Apparently people don't pre-plan these things because there were many people turned away due to a lack of paperwork! Why waste your time?) Anyway, we waited in line at 5:35 and watched all the people argue with the number giver outers. yes, technical term. Finally it was our turn, and it was 6:03.
We walk up to the lady who said, no joke, "I can help the next person right here." YES! We walk up, and she says again, no joke, "How can I help you guys?" We responded, with what I thought was a standar request for the licensing division of the DMV. "We need to renew his license and I need to get a Utah license." Her reply was "Oh, I'm sorry. I cant help you." I'm thinking are we in the wrong line despite all the signs? She proceeded to say "we don't give any numbers out past 6:00 because we don't get paid overtime."
Are you kidding me!? What the!? Okay, so the rest of the 20 people in line waiting for their number are just going to continue to wait in line until it's their turn to hear "I'm sorry, we don't give numbers out after 6:00." Why didn't they tell us that at six so we could just go home. Maybe a sign on the door stating they don't get paid overtime and don't help people after 6. Outraged I tell ya!
To compensate for our time though, so wrote "Express #" on our applications and higlighted it yellow. That way, after we wait 30 minutes to get our number again, we wont have to wait as long after that to get the actual license. HAHAHAHA! Ridiculous.
I wasn't mean to the lady at all though. I figured the people behind us in line will probably be mean enough for Preston and I too. We just walked off laughing at how ridiculous DMVs are.
Side note: We got in line and I asked the guy in front of me if it was the end. He said it was. Then he turned to us again a second later and asked "So are you here to get your learners permit?" HAHAHAHA! Now I don't know which one of us he was thinking was 15, but really? That young!?
Apparently he was there to pick up a book for his daughter to study and didn't want to wait in the long line. I told him to go over to the registration side (practically empty) and get one from them and I would save his place in line if they didn't have one. He never came back. At least he didn't waste his time.
Should've gone Postal!
ReplyDeleteBummer dude! Doesn't sound like much fun... But on the bright side you waited in line with Preston and not by yourself.
ReplyDeleteNot sure what I laughed at more the overtime story, the age 15 story, or Will's comment!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletehahaha... Seriously! Nice one Will. And yes youre right Kristin! At least I had the bigger dork (as Mickie says) to entertain me!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to start the day with a funny story Zannie.
ReplyDelete