Friday, January 8, 2010

It had been WAY too long!

Sorry for the blogging overload, but I have access to the blog right now and I have had a couple waiting for time and access. Now that I have both I have to take advantage!

Last Saturday we decided we just really needed to go shooting! It had been a really long time for me and a while for Preston too. It had also been a while for Matt, so the Spence’s came along too. We grabbed a box of clay pigeons at Sportsman’s Warehouse (didn’t have ANY at Wally World… go figure!) as well as a disc thrower. It was a double thrower but for Matt and Preston to master it was quite the feat let alone me. I have a little trouble getting the first couple out, but I just had to do it like I was swingin a bat... after I perfected my technique it all worked out! For the most part at least… there were still a few bad ones…

We went down to the back side of Utah Lake where the most unsafe shooting conditions exist, but we were able to find our own nice little hill to shoot against and out of harms way. Of course to get there, Preston had to again test out the gription of those tires. He was having a great time, and apparently Ty was too! He was laughing and smiling with every bump and dip unlike Mickie…

We shot Matt’s 30-06, Preston’s .22 and both 12 ga shotguns which was a lot of fun. I was obviously a little rusty and couldn’t hit much, but I did shoot the center out of a disc with the 30-06! Matt and Preston were on top of their games, and had a blast! They seriously were giddy as school girls!
Well the fun had to come to an end sometime. None of us really saw the one that happened, but you never do right? Well the truck battery was pretty much dead. (Turns out we had a really old battery that was just giving up the ghost. Preston had it tested by a few different places and all said the same thing... "How does your truck even start with this weak of a battery." He says it runs much better now that he has a new one...) It had enough juice to keep the radio on and the cab lights, but not enough to get the engine to fully turnover and start the car. So now we had to find someone with cables and a truck. Since we were definitely 45 minutes from anyone we knew we had to resort to the people around us. Preston asked one group 200 yards from us and they weren’t helpful. They said they would look into it and then they all drove off on their ATVs… So then Matt and Preston ran over the hill to the other side to see if people were still there and if they could help us. The first group couldn’t, but Preston was barely able to catch some people as they were about to drive off. They even had a truck! This was necessary since Preston had to test out the gription on the tires as mentioned before! They were more than happy to help and received a round of applause when the truck started up! They would have gotten more but we didn’t have anything except Ty’s alphabet puffs… hahaha… We made it back in just enough time to grab some snacks and head down to UC (Utah County… in case you were wondering) for some food and basketball! BYU killed Eastern New Mexico! We only stayed for the first half…

No comments:

Post a Comment