Tuesday, January 26, 2010

An angry tummy…

So I have heard that I needed to post an update on what they found during my scope this last Wed. It was rescheduled to allow a two week trial run for medications. Well, well, well… Turns out I am somewhat more normal than what the Doc originally thought. With the neat little pictures (which are not posted) he showed me that I have no ulcers or blockages! Blockages come when food sits in the stomach too long, hardens, and then blocks the passage way and causes pain. Surgery is required to remove them. Anyway, I was all clear for that, BUT the lining in my stomach is really irritated. He took some biopsies and I will find out the results in a week now. Those results should explain with I have the “burning pressure” the doctor described. Meanwhile, I am holding on at just under 120 lbs and hoping it doesn’t drop anymore. Trust me I am eating as much as I can. It’s funny because I can always tell when my stomach is doing well. I gain 5-10 lbs… but when it’s not so good, I lose 10-15… interesting.

Oh funny story though. Some have already heard it, but here it goes… I think our family, namely Dad, Mickie and I especially, don't do well with needles (I remember those specifically, but I am sure everyone has a fear to some degree… except Cameron, my nephew, who is only 3 I think. He watches em put it in and just sits there… Creepy… Oh P does too… Yuck!) Well I guess I put my body into some sort of shock or something when they went to put in the IV because I TOTALLY passed out. hahahaha… Seriously. One minute I am crying (yes I am a wimp) cause I can't stand the feeling of needles in my body, and the next I was waking up to the nurse patting my cheeks and saying Suzanne… Suzanne… Wake up… Are you okay? Hello? hahahaha… Well, I was really sick to my stomach after that so they gave me some anti-nausea meds and I started to feel a lot better. I was put out a little bit later, and woke up to Preston coming into my little recovery area. I guess I was out longer than usual, but whatever. I woke up. I was a little bit loopy the rest of the day though.

Oh, my blood tests came back normal, and no thyroid problems, and I am Type O positive! I guess that means I am a universal donor. Too bad that type was wasted on me... Remember!? I don't do needles!

4 comments:

  1. I think that "angry tummy" needs to take a time out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey what about me? I gave birth with out an epidural because I am that afraid to of needles!

    I am the same blood type. The problem is we can only receive o pos blood, but others can use ours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh. Good thing you have health insurance:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah! That's right! I forgot about Kristin's crazy child birth. At least yours are only 5 pounds though! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete