or at least Preston...
He had the time of his life last weekend... As most know we went camping out near Flaming Gorge! We had a great time with some good ol friends of ours from our childhood! It's crazy to think we only knew them 1.5 years before they moved away... but we are glad to still consider them friends! Anyway, We did all sorts of fun things like clearing woods, pitching the tent, stepping in cow pies, making friends with the neighbors, eating great food and smores, playing cards, 4-wheeling, spelunking, and site seeing!
Preston's favorite was obviously the 4-wheeling/spelunking... he was like a kid in a candy store! He said he hasn't ever had a 4-wheeling trip like the one we did. It was pretty technical and he loved having a 4-wheel drive ATV rather than the 2-wheel drive one he is used to... We went over every rock he could find! Plus Truck got to come with us on the voyage... another reason Preston was happy! (We weren't too sure Darby would make the trip... she gets burnt out fast going up all sorts of hills...)
Preston drove...
Matt tried to entertain Ty...
Mickie read... Breaking Dawn I think it is...
and I was co-pilot... which is easy with a GPS!
The start of heaven... Apple Manzana!
What the good man did for all of our happiness!
Preston had told me 50 million times by this point that he was hungry... thank goodness for snacks!
Bless you?
And now he is one happy camper... hahaha... easily satisfied!

Getting the 101 on this machine... Preston caught on quickly

I wonder why Mickie is holding on so tight... necessary?

Wahoo!

Preston didn't hit this tree... he hit another one... HAHAHA! (Here we were backing up to make room for the Razor in front of us... leading the way)

I wonder what is so interesting to look at?

Oh yeah... a freakin steep drop off!

And of course they had to see what it was all about! The rest of us decided it would be neat to see, but not worth the climb back up!

That's a pretty good cliff eh?

After the first spelunking trip, they had to show us the techniques of it with out a flashlight! They were scared they would hit their head, fall into a ditch, etc...

So the foot is out to test the ground, the arm out to test for walls and short ceilings... and the rocks were thrown every couple feet to make sure a cliff/drop off wasn't ahead... Good form Matt!!
Oh they went back out to the cave with their bikes that they brought (why truck made the trip). They brought a flashlight with them the second time though... Turns out the cave was 30 feet tall or something and over a mile long... there was no need to worry about bumped heads or steep drop offs!
Does any one know what Ty is doing in this picture? We were all laughing pretty hard about it!
"Hey Mick!... How's Edward?" (We heard that a lot.)
The only one I could find of our hostess!... :)
And of her youngest... I am pretty sure I had many pictures like this as a little one too!
Okay, Mickie... how was I supposed to know I looked that AWESOME in this one... you could have just told me instead of laughing at me! I was full anyway... couldn't eat another bite!
We went to a few different lookout points for the Flaming Gorge Dam... We were going to go swimming (hence Ty with no shirt) but the lightning scared us off
Trying to throw a rock to the lake... it was harder than you think! Matt and Preston threw while our cook, C, Ky, and I watched...
I think the mission failed...
Us at the Dam... Apparently I lose quite a bit of attractiveness while camping... Maybe P does too... hahahaha!
Yep, I think I can guess correctly!
ReplyDeleteSo glad YOU had a great time!
Oh yeah and I had a WONDERFUL time too! :)
ReplyDeleteThe camping looks like loads of fun. We love the Gorge:) And I'm afraid michael would have followed them right down that cliff:)
ReplyDelete