Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Ugly Sweaters

We had a Christmas get together to celebrate the birthday of Merle Richards, Preston's grandmother. It was a couple weeks ago...

We had a lot of fun meeting up with all of his aunts, uncles, cousins, etc... I haven't met some of them yet so that was pretty cool too!

Grandma's kids went by age and told some of their favorite memories of her growing up, and might I say, Grandma was definitely spirited in her younger years... I love to listen to her stories of childhood too. They are always entertaining!

Another favorite part of the evening was the ugly sweater contest!

Jordan had a little help from his friend Heather...

We decided to go patriotic with ours when we found these gems at DI... (Oh and that bandage is from the surgery... no abuse from Preston...)

Preston was voted the winner in this little number... YIKES! I was laughing so hard I was crying when he came around the corner like this... For credit though, Spencer was first to do the no shirt thing. This picture was taken after they convinced Tyler to join too. (post contest, and in the coat rack area, behind the scenes)

Oh and I have to give a thank you to my sis, Mickie who was able to get us the reservation to the District Clubhouse! It was perfect, and everyone thought it was amazingly great and nice!

3 comments:

  1. What? I have a few sweaters and sweat shirts I have been saving for just this kind of occasion!

    But I did enjoy the patriotic theme you were sporting!

    No shirt sweaters?....YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweater contest! :o) Too funny

    ReplyDelete