Wednesday, May 4, 2011

New Adventures in the works

Some of you may not know so I figured I would share what I have been working on outside of my job, crafting, and helping the Spence's with their moving. Preston and I have joined a team for the Ragnar relay race in Las Vegas in October. It seems like it's a ways away, but when we had to pick our legs of the race, I now feel like we don't have enough time! Preston and I get to stay in the same van and all, with is a big plus, but we are running 22+ and 18+ miles (respectively). Most of our legs are rated "hard" and I am fully convinced that we will die before that weekend is through. I guess we will have to see how it all goes! I am really excited about this opportunity though, and it's a HUGE motivator to get us out and running. We aren't very good at doing it unless we are working towards something like this, or the Triathlon like last year...

A good friend of mine is doing Wasatch Back and has done others so we were talking about them. I was trying to get a feel for them and trying to get a good training schedule down for the big race... So a few days later she called me up and said that a girl on her team is pregnant and will be too far along at the time of the race to be able to participate. So, guess who is trying to Train for Wasatch Back now? You guessed it! I am. I have about 6.5 weeks to gear up for it. It shouldn't be too bad since I asked for one of the easier ones due to the short amount of time to train...

Anyway, that's what Preston and I are gearin up for!

4 comments:

  1. JEALOUS! So jealous! Maybe someday I'll get to do a Ragnar with you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try one of these. Maybe some day we could do one as a fam, Me, Matt, Mick, You, P, Colt. Maybe we could get Kristin and Will to participate too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I wish I had the motivation and endurance to run in a race!

    ReplyDelete