Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter and Anniversaries

I know I am a little late, Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!! I forgot to call yesterday a midst all the holiday business. I love you guys, and I am so glad that I have such a great example of a happy eternal marriage! Thanks for still being married! You've survived 29 years I believe… Yahoo!

On another note, again late, but Happy Easter! We had a great time. We just hung out with Preston’s family on Saturday. We didn’t do a whole lot but it was good. We got some Papa Murphy’s and Preston played some guitar hero with his brothers. Preston's sisters came down too, so it was nice to see them.

On Sunday we had a busy day. We woke up and I went straight to work helping the Easter Bunny hiding the Easter baskets. Since we have a roommate right now, I got to hide more than just Preston and I’s! It’s always fun to have more people during the holidays. I finished hiding and went and woke up Lucy and we read the Easter story, said a prayer, and went on the hunt. It took a while for Lucy to find hers and Preston wasn’t much faster. I didn’t hide them well, but whatever… It was fun! Preston got “How To Train Your Dragon” on bluray and Lucy got a vase of tulips (her fav. flower). I got and really cute Easter dress (which my MIL made of course)!

After the baskets Preston and I went and egged his brother’s house. It was fun! We put a little sign on the door that said “you’ve been egged!” and then hid Easter eggs all over the front yard. It was great. We did it while they were at church… I forgot to write how many eggs were hidden too (25), so I hope they found them all!

After that, we ran home and made some food for dinner that night, got ready for church and went to celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior. It was a nice Sacrament meeting, and then it was sunbeams… Oh boy, were they happy to be alive! Luckily we only had 3 kids instead of the usual 7, but still! It was exciting! Hahahaha… we saw some bite marks on one kids chest from his brother, had another kid tell us stories of how hairy he is and how he could heal from a cut because of it (I really got lost and confused during this story), and the little girl in the class was pleasant and helpful. We did a little Easter egg hunt for the kids as part of the lesson. They had questions in them and a piece of candy. They were nervous at first to have Lucy with us, but they stopped giving her the stink eye by the time we were through sharing time.

For Easter dinner we went to Kristin and Will’s house. We of course had way too much food, but it was fun to be together as a family. We were only missing HD’s family else all the Bragg kids would have been together! Colton is done with his semester at BYU-I so he is living with Kristin and Will and looking for work. This was the last weekend we were able to spend with Mickie and Matt for a while since they moved to Vancouver, WA.

Oh so the Easter egg hunt for kids was absolutely HILARIOUS. It was fun to watch the kids run around and try to find eggs that were in plain sight. Ty didn’t understand the concept right off. He picked one up and then didn’t know what to do so he through it back to the ground. Then Matt picked it up and put it in his basket. Ty saw it, grabbed it out, and hucked it across the lawn. Hahahaha! Should have seen his face. It was like a “how dare you put something in my basketball Easter basket!” Once Matt showed him the candy inside he caught on, and collected all his eggs. One of them was put sort of under the house. Jason could have gotten it just fine, and even Sierra, but Ty’s head was a little too big and his arms a little too small. His face was smashed up against the house trying to reach it, and took a minute for him to finally pick it up. He didn’t understand why we were all laughing. Here is video of the hunt from Mickie's blog... I didn't take any pictures but she did...

Anyway, later we had a hunt for grown-ups. Those eggs were hid VERY well, and we did it in the dark with flashlights! It was hard! It took us a while to find them. Mickie never found two of hers. Preston and Kristin found the Golden and Silver eggs. We had these confetti eggs that were hidden too. When you found one, you through it at someone else, and if it broke on them you could take one of their eggs. Good fun. Preston found his silver egg at the very end so he didn’t have it taken away, but I stole Kristin’s gold egg and Will stole it from me. I ended up with Preston’s prize though since it was cute girly notebooks and we all shared Will’s, Kneader’s cinnamon bread. Very tasty.

Oh, lastly, I got this totally awesome "cupcake" (it was about the size of a cantaloupe) for my birthday a month+ ago and had to show it off... :) It's from a good friend in the ward.

4 comments:

  1. And just so you all know, I did write this the 25th of April...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum to the cupcake! Thanks for finally posting sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great pic of your mom and dad! and love the "egged" idea- might steal that one-

    Camping season is just around the corner-

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cupcake does look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete