Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Suzanne and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I wont explain how terrible yesterday was completely but I will tell the icing on the cake. By the end Preston was telling me to just laugh about it and of course we did. I am still feeling the effects of yesterday today...

It all started on Sunday when I tried to make an apple pie for our family dinner/Pi day celebration. You would think there is no way to mess up a pie with a prepackaged crust and an already made bag of pie filling but don’t worry, I seemed to manage. It didn’t work out. Of course I forgot about all the juice that spilled out and caramelized at the bottom of my oven. (Can you see where this is going?)

Now let’s fast forward to 6:30 Monday night. I was in no mood to do anything by the time I got home from work, Wal-Mart, and Zurcher’s with all the supplies I needed to make some cupcakes for a RS birthday thing I have tonight. I had a HUGE list of things to do, but after the day’s events, I was spent. Preston and I hung out with Marianne and kept her company. After a good rest, at 9:00 we decided to head home, make my cupcakes, and go to bed.

After I messed up the batter, dropped it all over and finally filled the cups with what was left the oven started smoking through the burners on the stove! Remember the pie disaster? Yeah, it caught fire and filled my house with smoke when we opened it to blow out the fire. Preston, the quick thinker he is, grabbed our hurricane creator (aka: our really strong fan) and held it right next to the smoke detector so it wouldn’t go off. I opened the doors and windows to air out the place. Luckily no real damage was done at all.

It was 10:30, so we called who other than my wonderful in-laws. When we got to their house the oven was preset and ready to go. While they were baking I cut out the shark fins. The timer went off and the cupcakes actually turned out! We headed back home and decorated them, finally rolling into bed just after midnight. I ended up having nightmares about all the stuff that happened yesterday, and now I am again in no mood to do all the things that didn’t get done yesterday. It just seems to pile. Oh well. What can ya do!?

6 comments:

  1. Sorry it's been a crummy time! On the upside, your cupcakes are ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sorry, I should have told you to put a cookie sheet under the pie! I am sorry, my bad.

    And I never asked how many apples you were trying to fit into one of those small store bought crusts...it was probably too many....again sorry.

    But the cupcakes turned out cute, even if it took awhile to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes VERY cute cupcakes! Sorry for your bad day, you could have come over and hung out with me... Ty and I were jsut hangin out :) We could have helped you make the cupcakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, that's the icing on the cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stupid pies...my oven is aweful...I always forget the cookie sheet. Nice job on the cupcakes though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cupcakes are so adorable! I am very impressed! You can come make me some anytime!

    ReplyDelete