Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Well not much changes in the life of Prezanne, so I guess changes we plan on making would be a good topic.

Most don’t know this about me, but I spend probably 40% of my day thinking about all the projects P and I want to do around the house. Don’t get my wrong, I love my house! I bought it brand new so it’s not anything to fix it structurally, or crazy additions… (Especially since its multi-unit housing and that would be against the rules)… We don’t have some yard to put in, wall to take out, or finish a basement. Basically, since it’s a new home, I am constantly thinking about interior improvements I could and need to make. So here is the list…

  • Work bench with storage in the garage (Preston's #1 on the wish list)
  • A bed for our mattress and box springs to go on
  • New end tables to match the bed
  • Paint the upstairs ceilings white like the downstairs
  • Paint the bathroom wall RED!
  • Paint the entry way a darker brown with a bead board wainscot (kinda like this)
  • Add millwork to the laundry room so I have somewhere to store all my detergents, bleach, etc.
  • Find a credenza to put in the entry way with a mirror and refinish my lamp to put there.
  • Make valences, curtains, drapes for all the windows (I only have one valence right now…)
  • Get a new TV stand for the living room that doesn’t take up so much space (although we loved the free one we got last year from my mother who found it on the side of the road with a sign on it that read “FREE”) I just found and bought one from Wal-Mart that isn’t high quality, but the size, shape, color, and purpose will be achieved… we are just waiting for the delivery!
  • Do the same bead board as the entry in our bedroom, and actually decorate it somehow! I am still trying to figure out how… (Colors are black, charcoal silvery color and bright orange accents...)
  • I also have lots of little projects to finish like a Christmas advent calendar my sisters and I started two Christmases ago… They finished theirs. I have other things to paint and hang, family pictures to collect from both sides and put up, etc…

I guess we have a little bit to do… some of them day projects and some definitely not. I guess we will see how long it takes to get them done, if they all get done… J

3 comments:

  1. Yeah...Matt and I lugged that "FREE" thing all the way home for you guys and now you want to get rid of it? Just because it has some scratches, broken doors and a few nails sticking out of it, doesn't mean you need to discard that lovely pressed board entertainment center. Okay, what ever get rid of it. Maybe the guy who took the blue recovered coach wants it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha moms comment is funny.

    Well I am sure Matt has some tools that he would want to use with Preston to get some of those jobs done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to look sooooo cute!!! Nice! I am loving this new decorating stuff you're doing! I hire you to do ours next! When works for you ;)

    ReplyDelete