Wow… hahaha… So I guess the next post is about the rest of that week…
After a 12 hour drive home, we quickly finished packing our stuff for a trip to Capital Reef National Park! We had a lot of fun despite the incredibly LONG day of driving.
Because I wasn’t able to drive at all on the Oregon trip (Spence and Steph have a manual and I don’t know how to drive those) I told Preston I would drive to and from Capitol Reef. The drive started out that way, but after we got off of I-15 things changed. I am totally fine driving curvy back roads at night, but these were a little different. You know when you see a sign with a deer on it or ELK you are warned that there might be some around so watch out for them. Well after swerving to miss two of them, then speeding up to miss the next couple that were going to jump in the road my nerves couldn’t take it anymore. We switched, and Preston drove the last hour while I navigated…
We got there just in time to go to sleep… it was quite late and both of us were definitely tired. Since we showed up last we got stuck on the hide-a-bed in the front room of the apt. we were staying. It wasn’t easy to sleep on AT ALL but I managed by taking a Benadryl… We woke up bright and early with the sun shining through the windows at 6:00! That was just wonderful too…
Other than the more than crappy sleeping arrangements we had a lot of fun. We went on a few hikes and got to enjoy a whole weekend with our friends! It’s so hard these days to get together since we all have CRAZY schedules! Anyway, we had a lot of fun! We were SO tired after both vacations that we just slept forever when we finally got home. I did drive the entire way home btw…
No comments:
Post a Comment