Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Oregon Trip!

I guess the idea is to put syrup and waffles together, but for the sake of time... waffles first, then the syrup!

As the job hunt continues, I figure I can at least make a few post of things since I am WAY stinkin behind on them. I know there have been requests to post things from sisters of pics that I got and haven’t taken the time to do it… so I guess with the newly find time, I will make sure I get a few up!

I guess the first one should be of the Oregon Trip! That was last month at about this time and it was SO much fun! We went with Spence and Steph (Preston’s brother and wife) to visit every site in Oregon there is to see… At least it seems like it… I know there was a ton more to do but we only had so much time…

I have ALWAYS told Preston that I wouldn’t mind one bit if I had to move back to Oregon. I just love the green, the weather, taxes (or lack there of… which might not stay around much longer… who knows… I am not living there to stay updated… lol) and the drivers! Gosh. I can’t tell ya how nice it was to drive there! Anyway, (SR)2 has decided they wouldn’t mind moving there too, since all of that was right up their ally as well!

We started off with a trip to Bend to visit the Reading grandparents. It was a nice relaxing time we spent there, and Bend is a lot bigger than I realized. It has really grown since I have been there last, or should I say been through… Anyway, we spent mothers day there, and it was fun to go out to dinner with G-ma and G-pa Reading to celebrate! Not to mention, the food was amazing! Preston was in heaven!

After some good times/tours of bend we drove up to Seaside/Astoria. Preston served in Seaside for quite a few months so he knew the area really well. Of course while we were there we had to go see the Goonies rock and the Goonies house! Then we made our way over to the Louis and Clark Column that is 200ish steps high on a winding stair case. At the top you can see a huge range of land and its pretty dang high! Man did my legs feel a little Jell-o like after that ascent! Then Preston had to show off his jumping skills… We did try and do a little shopping, but who knew the stores all closed around 6:00! What the!? Oh well… We stayed on the beach and got some good shots of the sunset! Preston also got to see some people he served around while he was there on the mish! Apparently they did all their laundry there…

After we spent the night in Seaside we drove to Portland to go to the OMSI museum. That place is huge and there is SO much to do! We spent 5 stinkin hours there looking at everything and I didn’t even get to one level of the place. By then we were tired and ready to go… We got to go on a submarine tour, and watch an IMAX on the Hubble satellite. Then we walked around discovering all the stuff they had on display. We even talked to this retired biochemist guy (I think that’s what he was…) who taught one of the women astronauts that died in the Challenger accident.

We also went to take pictures at the Temple grounds and to the Test Rose Gardens there. So you know, there aren’t any flowers in bloom the middle of may at the gardens. I think I saw one rose… hahahaha… It was very green and pretty though! The temple grounds were MUCH more colorful!

After our time up north, we went to Medford to visit my old stompin grounds! I love Medford. Can I just say that!? Lol… We went to the shooting range (which only took an hour… should have brought more guns and ammo), did a session in the Medford temple, watched movies on the big screen!, went on a Jet boat cruise through Hellgate, went to No Ho’s (a definite family favorite even though it wasn’t Friday to get kaluah pork) and had dinner with some family friends, the Schmidts! Of course we didn’t take many pictures of this part… Maybe we were all camera’d out?

We made it!

Why so serious?

Gotta love G-ma Reading!

The four of us at the top of some hill in Bend near grandmas house!

The Goonies rock... Hayward Rock I think is its actual name... could be wrong though.

It was REAL windy in Astoria... hence the trees...

Don't worry... we didn't

Preston's attempt to do the trufle shuffle in front of the goonies house... People live there... hahaha... they had a make shift sign at the end of the gravel road saying "No cars please," and "Goonies Never Say Die!" lol

The L & C Column... it was pretty cool! Mickie... don't look down!

A normal picture!!! This one is going up somewhere! lol

Look at all the pretty tulips!

Tada! (A patented dance move in the up coming Hello Dolly... I didn't know I already had one of them down!)

Look at those beautiful lines!

Preston testing out the seat of a space pod... some things are better for the little people...

A normal picture!

The beds are quite fitting for those under 6'

Preston doesn't really fit in these...

Look! We are driving the submarine!


Taking a break from the long day at OMSI. The gardens were peaceful, that's for sure!


The only flowers we really saw at the gardens... not even roses...

3 comments:

  1. I know Preston's pretty good looking, but let him have the camera once in a while, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I seriously didn't notice that he was in pretty much all of the pictures... I just randomly picked them... guess i like looking at I'm more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I live there!! :) Wish I would've known you came to Portland! Would've LOVED to have seen you!! Glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete