Saturday, August 27, 2011

Flaming Gorge Take 2

We had the opportunity to go camping again out at Flaming Gorge with some good family friends. As usually we had a great time! We had a chance to use the "Harry Potter" tent for the first time, and Preston's new sleeping bag.

This is after we cleaned up our stuff before we left.

We didn't use the new grill or cookware since our company always has more than needed... So I ate my food, and Preston ate both ours and theirs. Go Figure. We did bring our own case of his favorite Apple Manzana and he only had 6 of them the whole time! I was pretty impressed with him. I think he might have had some of the other kinds that were supplied though.

While we were there we were able to go 4-wheeling a little bit. It was fun until we notice, going down a ravine, that we were low on gas and might not have enough to get back... It was a lot of fun trying to pick up the ATV and turn it around so gas could get to the engine.

We also went cliff jumping, although I didn't join in. The water was just too darn cold for my liking... Preston sure did it though. He actually had a following and people kept showing up to see him jump. I guess people would walk back to "base" and tell others that some guy, Preston, was jumping off the highest cliff and doing gainers and such. Everyone had to see, and of course Preston cracked under peer pressure and kept jumping. I think that was a main cause of his back hurting for so long even after 6 weeks of physical therapy. Anyway, Preston said it really wasn't that high... I thought I had video of each person, but it looks like it's just Sheith and Preston...

Up on the Cliffs









Anyway, we had a great time! Oh and we really enjoyed the stories and jokes told around the campfire... Pretty funny.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...looks like great fun! I'm glad Colton wasn't there or those two would have been competing for the best trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed going with you guys! You can bet Matt would have been RIGHT THERE with Preston jumping and flipping too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great way to stay cool on a hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete