A few weeks ago I was able to go Paragliding off the point of the mountain. I have wanted to do this since I moved to UT, and was SO excited to finally get the opportunity. One of the subcontractors (Trevor) that I work with on the Daybreak medical project happens to go all the time. We were talking about it one day and he offered to take me. How could I turn down a free ride? So we met up at the flight park and his instructor Jonathan (who is certified to fly tandem) took me up up and away! Granted we didn't get up as high as we wanted, but it was still pretty high. I'm hoping to go again soon and test my luck with those thermals!
We couldn't get higher because the thermal pockets we found were either too weak or there was someone right behind us trying to catch the same one. Rules of the sky wouldn't allow us to turn back to stay in it (which helps avoiding collisions), so we soared around for a little while. It was pretty amazing though. Now if I could work something out for Preston. I know he is ready to fly!
I have video but it REALLY needs editing before I post it. I just haven't had the time.

I told the kids you did it as we were passing a few out there. They were really excited!
ReplyDeleteI still want to go!!
ReplyDeleteI'll bet you were flying high for the rest of the day too.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you would be so adventurous or brave... It scares me just thinking of it. I have flown in small aircraft.. helicopters, pontoon single , multiple engine planes, heavy military aircraft, but never a para-shoot or glider.
ReplyDelete