Friday, September 25, 2009

The Denver Trip!

The Denver trip was GREAT! There were things Preston and I would have changed if we could have but overall it was a lot of fun. Since we had to fly out there we didn't have a car. That made things a little difficult. I made sure to find a decent hotel with in walking distance of the light rail system they have there. It was .7 miles away so that wasn't too bad at all... just right down the street. The hotel had a free shuttle to-from the airport which was also a must. I couldn't find one that included the shuttle, near the light rail, and had a continental breakfast.

SOOOO.... On Saturday morning we actually accidentally skipped breakfast and ended up finally eating at 11:30 at a quiznos. Since we walked everywhere we were WIPED at the end of the night! The light rail went to all our destinations, but only within .5 miles of each of them. So we walked a mile to get to and back from each one. We started off by going to the capitol building, and Denver library. It was really neat to see the old architecture. We needed the internet (hence the library). Then we had quiznos and got back on the light rail, getting lost a few times, and finally making it to the stadium to buy Tickets for the game that night (smack dab in the middle of the sunniest section possible! Don't worry, we didn't get burnt despite not bringing sunscreen due to the 3.4 oz liquid limit for carry-ons through airport security.) After we got our tickets it was over to the Downtown Aquarium! That was REALLY cool! It actually helped give me a second wind. I was SO tired walking there is was reading to give up. After the aquarium it was back to the stadium to watch the giants get slaughtered. Then back for a much needed nights rest! (The days activities took about 10 miles of walking... so it wasn't too bad except it was 96 degrees...)
Downtown Denver
I thought this bear was pretty funny looking!
The Downtown Aqauriam... There were lots of REALLY BIG fish!
He didn't look very happy, and didn't move at all when we saw him (at least i think this was the boy one)... :( Beautiful though!
Preston and I petted the x-ray fish... or manarays... or whatever they are called...
I don't remember his name... But he sure looks happy so I figured I should do the same!
Pres was going for happy shark face... I don't think it worked
We sat here to watch bp! Don't worry our seats were up in the lower section above that press box!
Coors Field is a really nice stadium!
After Preston and I ate HUGE otter-pops... Can you tell I suck on mine longer than Preston?

Sunday, we couldn't get to a church, so we bought some groceries at the store across the street of the hotel, and we ate those all day. We just stayed in our room and watched movies. We did soak for a little while in the hot tub to try and help our muscles heal from the soreness of the above mentioned activities... hahaha
I don't know the necessity of showing these pics or why they were taken, but I think they are funny none the less!(For the record, he didn't quite finish it... not because he was full, but because it had pastrami on it and you can only handle so much of it...)
Monday was the day to visit the "site." I had an appointment with the manager of the restaurant at 9:00. We made sure to get up, pack all our stuff, check out of the hotel, and get on the 8:00 shuttle to get to the airport for our "scheduled" appt. I called after I got through security to let her know I was in and on my way to the restaurant. She said either she or another manager would meet me there and show me around. In speaking with the one that was there when we arrived of course they have NO CLUE what the heck I am talking about. Goodness! So after waiting around for a little bit we met with the right guy. That was finished at 10:30. Our flight is supposed to leave at 12:10. After moving to three gates, our plane boarded and Mickie picked us up. We switched to the second gate cause the first one had to take on another unplanned flight. The next gate wasn't going to work because that flight was delayed. (They told us that somehow acetone had eaten away one of the mechanical certified stickers unknown to them, and so they had to recheck everything. After 45 minutes, they discovered everything was okay and the sticker just fell off so they had to order/buy a new one and get it on the plane before lift off... HAHAHA... That flight ended up being delayed around an hour I think.)

I was supposed to go back into work but since they made us check in our carry ons at the gate we had to go through baggage claim and with the delays I wouldn't have made it until 3:45 or 4:00... not worth it so Preston and I went and got his school stuff for TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment