Tuesday, September 29, 2009

To the Victor goes the spoils!

Softball is now officially over for me until Spring hits! :( Our last games were last night. We had a make up game due to a rain out and the Championship game! We had one loss and the other team hadn't lost yet so we had to play them twice. If we lost the first game then they were the champions. Due to the fact that we were TOTALLY AWESOME!, we played both games and won the championship!! Hot Dang! hahaha... It was a lot of fun... The first game was neck and neck the whole time! It was scary! We would lead by a couple, then they would lead by a couple, back and forth... It seemed like they gave up on their last at bat though since they had the next game to win the ship. We were able to pull out the first win 15-12 I believe. I was great! The next game they decided to come out and play hard cause they led the scoreboard at 0-8 until the 4th inning! That's when we decided to kick it into gear I guess cause we were able to score 6 runs that inning. Then, the next inning they hit three easy flies to us in the outfield. It was our turn to come up to bat. We scored four more runs to lead by two. They scored two and now it was tied 10-10, just minutes left in the game, and we were the home team! All we had to do was score once and then kill the time and we would win... and that's what we did!! :) It was awesome! The other team didn't take the loses very well... They were complaining the entire time we were playing! They were arguing pitches, foul balls, etc. It was interesting. Even when they we killing us by eight they were still upset with everything. I enjoyed playing on our team since no one yells at the umpires, or has some uncontrollable temper. Those are the worst... Those and loud, crazed fans that don't know the team name and just say "Let's go White Team!" Hahahaha! (Mickie, Mom, Matt and lil Ty Guy came to the game to cheer me on... I bet that's why we won! Thanks so much for coming! Preston was REALLY sad he missed such a great game! He wanted to be there so badly!)

Oh the beset part... we won t-shirts for being champions and a really big trophy that the captain kept... Well the shirts are ALL XL except one... that one was a 2XL... hahahaha! So I can wear mine never because it's about 3 inches from my knees and the sleeves come down to my mid forearm... Oh well...

I don't have a team champ pic yet... I will have to wait for that one, BUT I will post it when I get it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh and I might possibly gotten the story wrong but I am sure mom and Mickie could correct anything I mixed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Story seemed right, I said God Bless America a few times too... Wasnt that right? Team America? Haha... Matt had talk walk away because I kept saying lets go white team clap clap clapclap clap. haha

    ReplyDelete