Thursday, July 22, 2010

Best Dressed!

I was voted "Best Dressed" by several people in the cast and audience and figured I needed to post the pictures for people who didn't get a chance to see the show. I have to give all credit to my mother in law who made it for me. She is great at sewing and was so nice to do this for me! I'm so glad she enjoyed sewing it too! (As far as i know... lol)

This is for the number "Call on Dolly" which is the opening number fr the show. Marianne made my jacket and skirt with the pleated cumber bun thing on my waist... Grandma Richards donated to the cause by letting me barrow her camio and earrings. Thanks! Anyway, this is supposed to be the everyday wear for the time period... i guess... :)

This is our fancier getup for the song "Put On Your Sunday Clothes" and this dance required a parasol. Mickie's came from my mothers wedding. Anyway, Marianne made this apron and bussle to add to make mine even better! Oh and my shoes came from an old roommate who took some dance classes. They matched great!
This is a better shot of the back... have to show the bows! "Beneath your parasol, the world is all a smile that makes you feel brand new down to your toes! Get out your feathers, your patent leathers, your beads and buckles and bows... For there's no blue Monday in your Sunday clothes!"

This is us as band members in the parade. There were LOTS of different people in the parade and we got to be band members. I don't know how Mickie and I ended up with the ones we learned how to play when we were younger, but we did! We even played them in the show...

We were waiters at the Harmonia Gardens. We were supposed to be snooty and always "walk with a purpose." I guess that meant snooty...

Mickie was in a few other dances that I wasn't in since she was a "featured" dancer... so this is what she wore for the polka contest... Love the feathers!

4 comments:

  1. Don't tell Mickie, but your snooty was way better than hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, winner of the costume contest! Hands Down!!! Your costume was even better than the leads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, your outfit ROCKED! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome. I'm sorry I missed it.

    ReplyDelete