What a GRAND weekend!
Here are some of the things we did...
We finally got out to use my new gun and Preston's shells that he got for his birthday. Preston really enjoyed using my gun and thinks it loads the chamber oh so smoothly compared to his. :) We had a great time even though we only brought the one box of 100. I only shot about 6 as to leave the rest to the ones who REALLY wanted to use them. I threw a couple discs too till I got replaced for not being able to throw them high... Anyway, good stuff. Thanks Matt for wanting to come and having the time open!! Preston has been trying to go for several weeks now and we finally got to!
Not the most attractive picture eh Matt!? Thanks for snapping this one... lol
I think he got it... The start was rough though...
Classic pose... (little does he know this is a move in our Hello Dolly number...)
Mickie wasn't really up for shooting... can ya tell!?
This is where Ty hung out...
Through an interesting series of events Mickie and Matt decided that it was time for Preston to eat at Tucanos! He hadn't ever been, and is now a definite fan. Since when was an all you can eat meat place not going to impress the bottomless pit?
On another note, We all got scratch and win things in our Freedom Run packets (Will graciously picked up for us with all his extra time) good for Tucanos. The waiter had to scratch it for you or it's invalid. Turns out, Will's ticket got him a free lunch! Yeah for free Tucanos!
He really wanted to eat the lemon...
After that face you would think he didn't like it... Well he went back for more!
Of course a weekend isn't a true weekend until a visit is made to Seven Peaks! Like usual, we had a great time! We did miss the Wu children and will enjoy there company next time! :) (Don't worry their dad had a great time with out them!)
For some reason this picture cracks me up!
Mickie's attempt at waving to the camera...
Weeee! Preston's first on the CaveIn! Loved It!
I guess he was bracing for impact...?
We wanted a picture with the Y in the background... Mickie takes away from the scenery though...
We had 4th of July dinner at the Spence's house and we joined with some of their neighbors too. We had a great time and seriously, the dinner was like Thanksgiving in July! We had WAY to much food I think... hahaha... We had two smoked chickens (Ryan did great for the first time), potato salad, american flag Jello, veggies with dip, avocado chip dip, plus Triffle for dessert and smores and roasted starbursts! Man alive! I think I am leaving food items out but I can't remember them. Oh and Raspberry Limeade to drink. I had what I could and was stuffed!
Well he enjoyed the S'mores!
Uh creepy! Sam?... (this gave us inspiration though...)
Where's Preston?
Now where is he?
This is the easiest one i think...
Uh, don't worry... A parent was close by...
Oh what a cute family picture... till Preston got in it!
I hear this dessert was just delightful!
This was the start of the AWESOME fireworks display! Thanks Ryan and Stephanie for delighting us with splendid TNT! Good thing it was only 10 bucks eh!?
Snakes and Sparklers... that's all I like. LOL!
OOOhhhh... Ahhhh!
Last was the Freedom Run! It was great fun! I am sure we will do it again next year. There seemed to be a lot more people there this year and it was like dodging bullets trying to get through people. After blocking the way for a stroller for a little more than 2 miles I got tired and went at my own pace. I came in 2 minutes behind Mickie... We all went a little slower this year though. I blame it on the movie!! We got 4 hours of sleep...
Doesn't Preston look well rested? (Notice Matt's hair?)
And the close up! Wow...
Us after the race!
The whole group! Guess I didn't get the memo on the dark shorts attire...
The waiter bumped me... sorry the picture is blurry. This is us being treated to Denny's after the race! Thanks again Will!
Oh the rest of Monday we took nice long naps, Preston and Matt went back to Seven Peaks, Mick and I went to Play practice (First dress rehersal), and the boys went golfing! Preston won again and Will came in second... Matt was one stroke behind Will...
Hey! No mention that I was one stroke behind Preston? My career best!
ReplyDeleteOh man, there was soooo much syrup I couldn't even taste the waffles!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow, what a FUN packed weekend! :)
ReplyDeleteWe went to breakfast after the race too. We should have gone together. I liked your post a little while back about the end from the beginning. Sometimes I have a hard time remembering that. You'll make it through and things will work out.
ReplyDeleteWe should have gone to eat together! We didn't know we were going to till Will sprung it on us that he was treating us! Next year eh!?
ReplyDelete