I am so glad to be done with the Lake Tahoe posts... now what have we been up to since then!?
Well the next weekend we went on a hike to Donut Falls with the Reading families! Tyler and his family, Spencer and Steph, and Marianne and Rich came on this little adventure! The Perrys and Lockharts had too many other things going on to make a trip down to join us, and they were missed!
Anyway, we had some good fun on this easy little hike, and enjoyed the pretty scenery! It was fun to see the kids run circles around the adults (except for Ella... she wanted to touch every leaf and rock possible!) Here are a lot of the pictures we took on the adventure...
Spencer and Carson were playing "Don't touch the lava (dirt)". Here they are planning their next move.
They chose different routes and I believe both were successful!
Sydney was playing too... She looks a little tipsy on this move...
It was a pretty little grove of trees right here... so we had to take a picture
Typical Preston picture...
They were jumping off all the trees...
Ella and Spencer... I think we are only 5 minutes into the hike here and Ella is already getting dirty.
Just hiking...
We took a break at this little stream. Of course all the kids wanted to explore it!
Or took a break...
in the shade...
chit chattin away...
Assume the position when holding a stick and someone has a camera...
it was funny to try and convince the kids that we needed to keep moving because the end of the hike was cooler than this stream... it was hot though, so I guess this cooled them off a little...
We got em all back together to start hiking again!
Or so we thought...
I love Reese's hair!
Still exploring...
"Hey Look!" I don't know what she saw though...
Now we were are going to move on!...
This was a fun little rock to climb over...
Owen tried to go anywhere and everywhere he could... he got stuck a few times...
I was enjoying this apparently...
Inside the cave of Donut Falls!
This was just outside the falls... you can kind of see it in the upper left corner...
Donut Falls
The clan for a family picture! Wish we would have scooted over a little so we weren't in the spot light!
Spencer and Steph
Preston and I
Sydney was trying to run up the tree... She didn't make it far
Owen's attempt to run up... Again not too far...
Preston made it a little farther!
And so did Spencer!
Home again Home again jiggety jig...
I measured and Preston's right foot is 2 inches higher than Spencer's left foot in the tree climb.
ReplyDeleteI just knew you would want to know that detail for your narrative.
I love all the pictures of the monkey you married.
ReplyDeleteThat's a cool destination hike that I would do . . .
ReplyDeleteI love that monkey Trish! Of course, like mom pointed out... he climbs trees wonderfully! And the whole hike was a total of a mile... .5 each way...
ReplyDelete