Friday, September 24, 2010

A whole new world!

Instead of this...
I see this...

Needless to say, but this new job is COMPLETELY different than my old position. I have enjoyed the position so far, and hope it continues that way. I am trying to do things my way and still follow their guidelines. I guess I come from a different background than most PAs so I obviously have my own ideas about procedures. Anyway, things are going well, and I am adjusting to the most part.

I must say, it’s hard to swallow. I didn’t think it would be too big of a deal for me. Most people seem to understand what I am doing. What I am getting at… it’s hard to call someone and say that I am a Project Assistant for the Daybreak Medical Center instead of saying that I am an Estimator. One says I have a degree and I know what I am talking about and the other one says I do clerical work. Whatever you have to do to get by though I guess. And we are doing just that. I can’t complain too much. This company is good to me and has been for the past 3 years I have “worked” for them. (I say that because it was a 5 mo internship, then a 4 month break, then two full years, then a summer “break,” and now I’m back…)

Anyway, I get the question a lot. “How’s the new job?” It’s going well. I try my best to do the best I can and hope it’s good enough. It’s hard to remember (especially for me) all the little technicalities and such, but so far so good. So, after a full week, I can say that I am still enjoying it. Oh and it’s definitely fun to see/hear all the commotion of construction going on. It gives me butterflies in my stomach… just like being at a ballpark… or seeing Preston after a long absence… (many will laugh at this one since it hasn’t really been longer than 24 hours that I can remember)

So that’s it! I love this industry no matter its ups and downs!

2 comments:

  1. If you think about it- when you get back into estimating- you will have a whole new look on the jobs you work on- K is probably the only company controller in the whole cable industry who actually knows the business from the ground up- that is not a bad perspective to have

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always hard to change postitions in a company, but it sounds like you are trying to do it gracefully. YAY for jobs and having one! :)

    ReplyDelete